Friday, May 4, 2012

Some Food for Comfort

Although it's been a little while since I've last written here, I have been busy in the kitchen trying different recipes like usual, and finding myself busy with some other little things.

Like entertaining out-of-town guests. Running after my almost two-year-old. Buying a house. Planning to sell our condo. Announcing to the world that Baby #2 is on the way come October. You know, just some little things.

Whew!

I love sharing recipes on this blog but when push comes to shove, the blog gets short shrift. Apologies to all.

That said, I found an absolutely fantastic recipe that I had to share. It's comfort soup, and you must make this soon. You'll feel better about everything in life. At least it did that for me. Although in the midst of all the chaos in my world these days, that might not take a lot. But really, you should try this soup. Let me know if it takes your stress away. Enjoy!

Baked Potato Soup
(Courtesy of AllRecipes.com)

Ingredients:
3 bacon strips, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed (Don't forget to pre-bake your potatoes!)
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley

Directions:
In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment